Monday, March 31, 2008

Remembering the 90's: Dallas Does Indies 1st Throwback Episode

DDI 90s

Lately I have been thinking about how much I love doing Dallas Does Indie, and how great the fans of this show really are. I get so many emails from people who encourage me, and I don't often have enough time to say thank you to every one of them. I wish I did.

One of the things I read over and over again is how listeners get behind on episodes, which is obviously not that big of a deal because DDI will always be there when you're ready to listen and you can always go back and hear the old episodes using our RSS feed....BUT for many of you it's been a little frustrating because you hear about the ticket giveaways we're doing or that you're favorite indie band came out with a new CD last month, and I just thought maybe I need to give those of you who are behind a little time to catch up.

However, I couldn't leave those of you who hang on every episode, well, hanging. So I decided to do a "Throwback Episode". Episode 102 is a homage to some of my favorite bands to come out of the 90's and hopefully will showcase how all of these bands had a hand in influencing some of our current favs.

Listen to episode #102 and enjoy. And if you like this idea let me know and I'll do more.

2 Comments:

Blogger sean said...

love the 90's mix, pulp, b&s, and the digable planets!!

thank you :)

Sean

9:42 AM 
Blogger ArleyM said...

the time-travel eps are a great idea, it's like answers the great question "what would life be like in highschool with DDI?"

7:19 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Indie-Verse


Music Submission & Song Removal
MP3s and songs played on DDI are for sampling purposes only. Please support these artists by purchasing their music. If you have a complaint regarding a song played, please utilize the form below and request that it be removed. I will endeavor to remove the song as quickly as possible.

Get Heard. For those wanting to submit music to the show, you can email me .mp3's by clicking here,





Download the lastest show
Download the Latest Show
High-Quality MP3»
 
Subscribe to Feed (RSS 2.0) Subscribe in iTunes Download iTunes Subscribe to Feed